Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12
(13-Nov-2018, 18:07)audio_engr Wrote: @deviousalet
The Denali was more ambient and airy but did not bring forth the absolute "utter real" performers in your room feeling. The Audioquest 7000 and the PS Audio however did and both of these were very-very close in what they did to the sound. I chose the PS Audio b'coz of Multi-Wave setting adjustments that allows you to precisely tailor-in your system to your needs (wherein I dialed my system for max soundstage width & depth along with a rounded analog like tonal character) ... This is something the Audioquest couldn't do ... nonetheless the Audioquest is also a very-very fine piece of gear & I believe the Niagara 5000 at under $4k offers almost 90% of the Niagara 7000 ... which is a great deal IMO.

At the end of the day, I went with PS Audio also b'coz I had a incoming voltage issue from my utility provider and that was the voltage was way high @ 125 to 132 V AC 60Hz. The PS Audio unit solved that problem.

And finally, personally I felt the PS Audio unit was better engineered with information of whats going on available to the user vs. a silent box of AQ Niagara sitting in the rack.

P.S. If you look into my signature, you'll see that I'm an AQ fan but their power solution just didn't do it for me ... I went with Paul McGowan of PS Audio esp. after a telecon with him related to my utility power issues.

Great writeup....did you have the opportunity to have the Niagara in your home or are you basing your comparison on a listen at a store/audio show?

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 - by Wdw - 25-Nov-2018, 05:44