Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12
(27-Nov-2018, 22:36)David A Wrote:
(27-Nov-2018, 21:06)K4680 Wrote: Hi, the PS audio distribution means:

There are many factors and variables that determine this, so I can not give you exact numbers. What I can tell you is that the fans will rise to 40-50 degrees Celsius or 200-300 watts. Factors such as the heat in the room and the air circulation can influence this. Shy

I assume those numbers refer to the internal temperature of the P12 and the power it's outputting.

According to the photo in post #2, Arup's P12 is putting out 70W and 0.72A which is 8% of maximum load. Mine is currently putting out 50W and 0.25A which is 4% of load (the difference in the watt/amp relationships in our output is no doubt due to the fact that Arup is in the US and running on a 110V system while I'm in Australia running on a 230V system). Both of us are well under that 200-300W draw figure you suggest so heat generation from within the P12 is highly unlikely to be a problem for us. Heat in the room could be, especially when my room temperatures hit the mid 30s which they can during the day in summer heat wave conditions. I think I might get a chance to test that possibility out within the next 3 months, probably more often than I'd like.

Hi, if someone wants to test, just connect a spotlight with 200 Watt or a fan heater with 500 watts !! The fan should then run! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 - by K4680 - 28-Nov-2018, 16:44