Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12
(28-Nov-2019, 20:28)navr Wrote: Some facts:

1. Nobody is buying Devialets on used markets for ANY price. Prices went down from 18000 to 12000 to 10000 to 9000 to 8000 to 5000, all 5yr warranty. No interest WHATSOEVER.

What does that tell you?

A clinical sounding machine is not anybody's cup of tea.

2. If you think differently, why don't you upload some live recording of your machinery onto Youtube. Do not worry, people will immediately recognize your piece greatness (if it is great, that is). And as a sign of appreciation, they will Like your recording. Of course, if it sounds bad, you'll get a lot of negatives.

3. So now, one clinical MIDI sounding machine you pair with yet another MIDI clinical sounding machine PS regenerator?! Bravo. That's why PS regenerators now selling 30% off (50% off in no time, if you ask me. Wait and see)
1. Which used markets are you referring to? Do you own a Devialet? If so which speakers are you using with it? Perhaps you need to listen to other speakers that sound less "clinical", as with my setup, "clinical" is not a word that I would use to describe what I hear.

2. Do you think that an upload to YouTube would give someone an accurate portrayal of the sound of a system? I sure don’t.

3. What exactly do you mean by MIDI sounding? Quote from Wikipedia:
"MIDI (/ˈmɪdi/; short for Musical Instrument Digital Interface) is a technical standard that describes a communications protocoldigital interface, and electrical connectors that connect a wide variety of electronic musical instrumentscomputers, and related audio devices for playing, editing and recording music.

I’ve never heard the term MIDI used to describe the sound of a piece of equipment, or recorded music.

As in "Ooh, I don’t like the sound of that, it sounds much too MIDI to me!"

Oh! I nearly forgot! Another quote from Wikipedia: 
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroupforumchat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread