Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Reactors are NOW AVAILABLE!
(11-Dec-2018, 16:00)Marcello Wrote:
(02-Dec-2018, 15:06)JDtheJD Wrote: I have banged this drum in a different threat before, but has anyone tried playing a mono analogue left and right respectively?  If I were a store owner I would try that setup hoping that if they sounded good I’d double my sales.

I bought 2 reactors exactly with that in mind. I got them connected by 2 mono cables, one running out of each left/right channel into the aux input. It works, however it doesn't sound as good and loud as a single reactor connected to Airplay or bluetooth, that was disappointing because alone they sound really good, but being used as right and left channels not that much...

Researching the internet I think I found out the reason. The Aux input of each reactor expects a stereo input (means right and left signals on the 3,5mm connector) while I'm providing just the "left" channel (the tip of the 3,5mm connector) on each cable using the mono analogue cable...I found there are adapter plugs that get the mono input and split the same signal both into the right/left terminals (3.5 mm Stereo Male to 3.5 mm Mono Female Adapter) in theory that would fix the empty signal the reactor expects on the "right" channel input. Now I need to buy one those to test and see if that will improve the sound. If any one has any experience on it, that would help!

What if you plug a RCA splitter cable connecting the red/white output from your device, then 2 reds and 2 whites plug into a RCA to 3.5mm stereo jack, each stereo jack go into the left/right reactors? If this works, I think your total cabling cost will be around or under $30USD.

Messages In This Thread
Phantom Reactors are NOW AVAILABLE! - by Ryu79 - 14-Nov-2018, 06:10
RE: Phantom Reactors are NOW AVAILABLE! - by misterhon - 11-Dec-2018, 21:52