Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Reactors are NOW AVAILABLE!
(15-Dec-2018, 03:32)MountainGuy Wrote: Jean-Marie, the 900W is peak, per my understanding. Your rating is probably RMS. Devialet 900W's RMS should be considerably lower....

I don’t know if they are quoting peak rms which would be the rms during the peak of basses or absolute peak, but there shall be no more than 4 to 6 dB between the two. 

More importantly is really that with a device like the phantom, power does not mean anything. What is really meaningful is the SPL and the bandwidth across which it is able to sustain that SPL. 

To my knowledge, for instance the woofers on the phantoms have a very low impedance, like 1 Ohm to reach a very high power while keeping the voltage reasonable. 

Also if you remember a quote from one of Devialet’s engineer (I believe it was at an event organized by Oxford Audio) he was saying that the ideal would be to have an infinite power. Obviously this is not to be able to produce an infinite SPL, but to have absolute control on the acceleration of the speakers. 
It is also obvious that such high power is only needed for very short transient periods, and I believe that the power quoted by Devialet for their phantoms represents its capability to deliver that very high power for very short periods when it make sense. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
Phantom Reactors are NOW AVAILABLE! - by Ryu79 - 14-Nov-2018, 06:10
RE: Phantom Reactors are NOW AVAILABLE! - by Jean-Marie - 15-Dec-2018, 12:23