Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Older Firmware for Expert Pro CI
(15-Nov-2018, 19:53)audio_engr Wrote: The current FW is 13 with DOS 2.2.2 but I am not happy with the bass-to-mid response from my Bowers & Wilkins 802 D3 speakers. I tried it with SAM and without SAM but still it didn't help much. 

I wish to downgrade to a FW that still good with the Pro CI amps ... 

Where can I get hold of beta14 much spoken off ?

I have a copy of beta 14, If you PM me your email address I would be happy to send you a copy.

Are you aware of Rufus' firmware archive?  Although this seems to have everything but Beta 14.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet...re-Archive

One thought regarding your midbass issue, I have played with DSP, room correction and many things.  I respect your "purest" approach, and indeed, when I use room correction I can see that a degree of dynamics and detail is lost.  Yes there are benefits, but keeping the signal path "pure" has it's benefits also.  However, I have found that with the Devialet, the tone controls seem to have almost zero negative effects, other than the required change to the tone.  Why not try the bass at +1 or +2 dB for a while?  Purest sensibilities blown I know, but it might be interesting to try for a few days?

EDIT: Plus, the tone controls are fully configurable via the configurator..... (Purist sensibilities blown even further.....)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Older Firmware for Expert Pro CI - by Confused - 17-Nov-2018, 09:53