Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Older Firmware for Expert Pro CI
(17-Nov-2018, 09:53)Confused Wrote:
(15-Nov-2018, 19:53)audio_engr Wrote: The current FW is 13 with DOS 2.2.2 but I am not happy with the bass-to-mid response from my Bowers & Wilkins 802 D3 speakers. I tried it with SAM and without SAM but still it didn't help much. 

I wish to downgrade to a FW that still good with the Pro CI amps ... 

Where can I get hold of beta14 much spoken off ?

I have a copy of beta 14, If you PM me your email address I would be happy to send you a copy.

Are you aware of Rufus' firmware archive?  Although this seems to have everything but Beta 14.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet...re-Archive

One thought regarding your midbass issue, I have played with DSP, room correction and many things.  I respect your "purest" approach, and indeed, when I use room correction I can see that a degree of dynamics and detail is lost.  Yes there are benefits, but keeping the signal path "pure" has it's benefits also.  However, I have found that with the Devialet, the tone controls seem to have almost zero negative effects, other than the required change to the tone.  Why not try the bass at +1 or +2 dB for a while?  Purest sensibilities blown I know, but it might be interesting to try for a few days?

EDIT: Plus, the tone controls are fully configurable via the configurator.....  (Purist sensibilities blown even further.....)

I deliberately haven't included beta firmwares there because of potential risk if they caused issues or whatever, and possibly Devialet may not be so keen for old betas to be available.   It would be useful to have them of course...

[actually I did include expert-pro-2.1_rc4 for some reason. I think Devialet seemed to treat this as an official release]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Older Firmware for Expert Pro CI - by Rufus McDufus - 17-Nov-2018, 10:28