Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K
My personal beliefs have changed somewhat over the past year or so and mostly I wonder why anyone would listen to a load of ‘random nutters’ that post on CA, often with crazed findings purely based on listening (or could just be delusional or made up of course). Smile

That said from what little I know of NUCs, it was also Roons platform of choice for the Nucleus because they apparently felt it measured well - - among other things, like NUC engineers availability for detailed optimisation advice. As such it seems likely it can be optimised guided by those that designed it. It (Nucleus) apparently measures well. That said Allo - a company I respect for many reasons but also their transparency in sharing measurements - have said despite trying they can’t detect a difference at a DACs analogue output between DigiOne standard and signature, despite knowing the latter measures better. Yet they’re still convinced it makes a differences and plenty of their customers seem to agree with them. I guess Roon wrote their own custom OS (or customised OS at least) for similar reasons to the Linux you refer. So I suppose you could pretty easily try Roon rock too.

In my setup I find the differences between say AIR and DigiOne inaudible, so have decided tha - for me in my situation - it’s a pointless thing to chase and no longer worry about it. But I’d definitely try the nuc if I was going to investigate.

Can’t wait to read about your findings confused. The question is, if it betters everything out there will it be enough that you never need to think about the source again! Wink

My priorities and beliefs have changed so much I’ll be very surprised if I find myself with a passive system far into 2018.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: £200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K - by Hifi_swlon - 30-Nov-2018, 09:19