Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY Expert Pro CI Documentation (Because Devialet Doesn't Document)
(05-Dec-2018, 20:06)deviousalet Wrote: There's a lot that Devialet doesn't document about their Expert Pro CI units. This forum is the best information for most Devialet owners. Let's document what we know.

For example, Ethernet and WiFI now work differently on Expert Pro CI than they did on older Pro units. Where formerly one could use both Ethernet and WiFi (switching between them as with any other sources) now with the Expert Pro CI if an Ethernet cable is connected that automatically disables WiFi. Devialet knows about this and calls it a feature not a bug, although it removes a useful function from the previous units.

The Expert Pro CI support 2.4GHz/5GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi and the backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n. The WiFi SSID (name) and password must be no longer than 30 characters and may not contain special characters (limited to a 30-character alphanumeric value). They're supposed to work on a WiFi network with SSID-broadcast disabled (hidden network), but mine don't (I'm fighting to get Devialet Support to resolve that).

What else hasn't Devialet documented that we should?

just a note on your comment regarding the WiFi password: mine contains special characters and works just fine on my 220 Pro CI (and worked just as fine before on my 120)
Devialet Expert 220 Pro (upgraded from 120) + Atohm GT1 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) - now back in Paris, France

Messages In This Thread
RE: DIY Expert Pro CI Documentation (Because Devialet Doesn't Document) - by ArnoNYC - 25-Feb-2022, 08:47