Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet does not stand behind their products
I was given a White Phantom with some cosmetic dings, but it still worked perfectly. Fast forward to last week when I tried listening to some music and nothing happened. I tried reset procedures etc., but the Phantom seems to be dead. 

I reached out to Devialet, and here's their response:

Quote:..the warranty was expired already, we offer you a discount price for repair it out of warranty. The process will be we picking up the old Phantom from you, then you order a new model from us with discount price then we ship you a brand new one.

Here is the repair program price list:

Phantom white: USD 1,090
Phantom Silver: USD 1,290
Phantom Gold: USD1,690

The notion of having to pay 65% of the original Phantom cost to get it replaced, with no repair option seems absurd.

Has anyone else had these types of issues? I'm incredibly disappointed that a speaker of this cost/quality fails less than 2 years outside of the original warranty expiration, and that Devialet treats their loyal customers like this. This lack of support/reparability will tank the resale value of these devices, which impacts all of us.

Look at how Naim stands behind their products, or how Tesla supports early adopters of their vehicles. They don't do this just because they're generous, they do it because they know it's good for business in the long term. I for one will never buy a Devialet product again, and I highly encourage all of you to consider this the next time you're considering spending thousands on one of their products.

Messages In This Thread
Devialet does not stand behind their products - by jascer - 11-Dec-2018, 13:55