Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devialet pro and Chord technology
(22-Dec-2018, 10:53)Confused Wrote: With all that said, can I ask if you have tried your M Scaler feeding the Devialet via the optical connection?  The reason I ask this is that with my REF10 / Mutec MC3+USB combination, I have found the best results when feeding the Devialet 24/192 via HQPlayer upsampling.  One curiosity of the M Scaler is that it can be set to upsample to 176.4 via the S/PDIF output, but you can only fix to the Devialet preferred 24/192 via optical.  OK, I know that some people think Toslink is not preferred for jitter reasons, but the Chord optical out is reportedly excellent, you get full electrical isolation, and you can set your M Scaler to deliver the Devilet preferred 24/192, upsampled from 16/44.1 or whatever else your source material might be.  Have you tried this?
I just tried this, and it sounded wonderful. My chain was Roon->UltraRendu->Curious USB cable->Chord M Scaler->optical->Devialet D800-> Wilson Watt Puppy. I mostly tried 44.1 FLACS upscaled to 176.4. The difference was very noticeable—less harsh, beautiful mellow vocals, more bass. I don't have a very good toslink cable and sometimes had some drops at 192. I might try an upgrade to a glass one.

I have a DAVE, but hadn't thought of trying analog out into the D800. I also have my old Bryston 4BSST amp, so I could compare an analog only vs the extra A-D-A step of the D800. Both worth trying when everyone's out of the house.

Messages In This Thread
Devialet pro and Chord technology - by Frnch - 21-Dec-2018, 19:04
RE: Devialet pro and Chord technology - by Pim - 23-Jul-2020, 21:38
RE: Devialet pro and Chord technology - by muski - 19-Feb-2020, 07:26
Devialet pro and Chord technology - by salk61 - 26-Jul-2020, 10:50