Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
It's time for a Q3 update. Well, not quite, Q3 ends tomorrow, but I expect to be very busy next week so I am doing it today. If by chance there is a Devialet announcement of epic proportions tomorrow, I promise to find the time for a quick edit update, although I suspect I am reasonably safe posting today.

Three month ago I wrote "I suspect Q3 will be far more interesting. I am sure Mathieu Pernot will have something interesting to say when he visits OAC and Hidden Systems in the UK in a couple of weeks time" As this is a prediction thread, I am happy to confess that I could not have got that one more wrong. Not much was announced at the UK events, and very little has happened since, as far as we can tell. The only news of note appears to be the new "Phantom Reactor Custom", or a nice new wall mounting bracket, you could say.....

https://www.devialet.com/en-gb/phantom-reactor-custom/

That said, there was some news at the OAC event. That is the planned "unified remote control" app. Apparently this will initially be for the Phantom range, then later introduced for the Expert. Perhaps this will be the topic for Q4, or maybe a popular prediction for the 2020 thread...… (I am working feverishly on the 2020 prediction thread and it should be ready soon)

Meanwhile, how are the 2019 predictions going? As pretty much nothing has happened in Q2 or Q3, the standings per post #46 stand. @nduchatel is making this look very easy with his predictions ""Stereo for Phantom reactors" and "RAAT for CI equipped Experts", but hey, nobody else has done better and so nduchatel is currently storming ahead to maximum 2019 kudus. The pending glory is becoming palpable...….

But then, Q4 might just spring a surprise...…

For those too lazy to look back at post #46, here are the current standings:

Confused = 3
Fgleason = 0
Pim = 4
David A = 4
Blair.athol = 3
Streamy = 0
nduchatel =6
K4680 = 0
Rchinn = 0
Peter-van-der-Laarse = 0
Bwaze = 1
Axel = 0
mdconnelly = 3
G51 = 0
Ron McKernan = -1

So nduchatel retains the the top spot, with Pim and DavidA lurking in hot pursuit.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - by Confused - 29-Sep-2019, 11:44