Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro
Might as well just buy Roon. That way you can get access to all of your music as long as it is on your LAN. My Devialet is connected via Ethernet to my router and Roon runs from my MacBook Air. I only use Tidal these days as I got fed up with having stuff on a NAS. The only limitation is having to have Roon open on the MacBook to access it, say, from my iPad or iPhone. Maybe a Roon nucleus would resolve that at a price. Depending on what speakers you use, these might be SAM’d so check that out and configure it on your 220 and give it a try.

In purchasing my Devialet I was trying to get to the optimum sound with the minimum of hardware and complexity. This is as simple a route as you could get but not necessarily achieving the absolute capability of your system, but it will get you firing on all cylinders very quickly and satisfactorily.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro - by Gerronwithit - 10-Jan-2019, 11:21