Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of a new setup, need advice
(15-Jan-2019, 10:12)Soundside Wrote:
(15-Jan-2019, 09:43)Pim Wrote: If it's HDMI you want, why not hang out for a second hand D-Premier? Less boxes, great amplification and you'll have enough power to drive any speaker.

Hi. It's not only HDMI, I want ARC/CEC compatibility and with the sonos AMP I can connect wireless rear speakers for surround. Also the Sonos software is really good and a great platform to build on when adding more rooms. It just seems very versatile.

I can't tell you how the new amp sounds but I did set up a full Sonos system for my brother a coupe of years ago. It really did just sound like shit, sorry. The software and how well it integrates is second to none but the sound can be bettered by just about anything half decent. You're used to gold Phantoms so you better be sure you're not going to put your new amp straight on Ebay a week after you buy it.

Sonos plays in a different league sound quality wise. And it's not the same league Devialet plays in.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking of a new setup, need advice - by Pim - 15-Jan-2019, 10:28