Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HT Pass-through: do I need to change the volume?
(27-Jan-2019, 00:55)Zedeff Wrote: I confirmed that my system is NOT functioning as designed by doing a simple test:  I unplugged my centre channel speaker, and found I had almost no audio from the fronts.  The front L/R were making sound, but whisper quiet.

Well I've tried the following to make HT pass-through work:

1.  I've made a brand new configuration and re-loaded all of my previous efforts
2.  I've made an "anonymous" configuration
3.  I've made a brand-new anonymous configuration which has ONLY ONE INPUT active - a line-level pass through
4.  I've set the default Devialet volume to as high as 0 db
5.  I've changed the line-level source sample rate from 196 to 92 kbps
6.  I've given up.

None of those functions actually generate reasonable volumes from the from L/R.  The most obnoxiously frustrating one was when I made a fresh configuration with the only active source input being an HT pass through... and the Devialet on boot-up defaults to an inactive Optical in.

So I've disconnected the Devialet, wired the speakers to the Pioneer directly and now have a functioning home theatre.  I think that this is my last nerve with this glitchy technology.  The configurator doesn't work, the amps are unreliable, and they don't function as advertised.  A shame that $50k retail of amplifiers have been replaced with a $4k AVR which I could buy at Best Buy!

I could upgrade the D Premiers to D1000 CI for $12,990 CAD, but at this point it seems like throwing good money after bad.

I was recently looking for a solution to my problem on pass-thru setup and came across this forum out of frustration.

In the end, I was able to get pass thru working on my 220pro (by sheer luck I think).
I kept getting the "wong config" message each time I loaded a pass thru setting for my line 1 input.
Then I came across a note mention somewhere in a Devialet help resource about configuring the WIFI on and off in the configuration setting to avoid the wrong config message.

Rather than do that, I simply setup the 220pro to connect to my home WIFI network.
Then the Pass Thru config setting was accepted by the 220pro on startup! Unbelievable!

Now it works as suggested (I set the pass thru at +3dB on the Line 1, as well as support Trigger IN so that when the other linked upstream amps turn on, so does my 220pro)
The display will still show the general/master volume startup setting at -40dB (which you ignore as it is configured to pass thru on the input and be controlled by my HT receiver)

Devialet mention a future fix in the firmware for this WIFI config issue (but I have yet to see or find it)

I posted this in case it helps a frustreted someone one day Big Grin .

Messages In This Thread
RE: HT Pass-through: do I need to change the volume? - by jaleung - 22-Feb-2022, 07:22