Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HT Pass-through: do I need to change the volume?
I confirmed that my system is NOT functioning as designed by doing a simple test: I unplugged my centre channel speaker, and found I had almost no audio from the fronts. The front L/R were making sound, but whisper quiet.

Well I've tried the following to make HT pass-through work:

1. I've made a brand new configuration and re-loaded all of my previous efforts
2. I've made an "anonymous" configuration
3. I've made a brand-new anonymous configuration which has ONLY ONE INPUT active - a line-level pass through
4. I've set the default Devialet volume to as high as 0 db
5. I've changed the line-level source sample rate from 196 to 92 kbps
6. I've given up.

None of those functions actually generate reasonable volumes from the from L/R. The most obnoxiously frustrating one was when I made a fresh configuration with the only active source input being an HT pass through... and the Devialet on boot-up defaults to an inactive Optical in.

So I've disconnected the Devialet, wired the speakers to the Pioneer directly and now have a functioning home theatre. I think that this is my last nerve with this glitchy technology. The configurator doesn't work, the amps are unreliable, and they don't function as advertised. A shame that $50k retail of amplifiers have been replaced with a $4k AVR which I could buy at Best Buy!

I could upgrade the D Premiers to D1000 CI for $12,990 CAD, but at this point it seems like throwing good money after bad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HT Pass-through: do I need to change the volume? - by Zedeff - 27-Jan-2019, 00:55