Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 Pro CI - App / Settings Change on Remote ??
(24-Jan-2019, 19:21)believelandcle Wrote: disappointing, surprised they overlooked a simple light on the power button in the front of the amp. Much like on Sonos, that you can turn on / off with the app if you don't like.

It's ironic that Devialet touts so much technology with RAM and SAM yet the apps are awful. The Phantom app is horrendous.

Welcome. There has been a great deal of debate about the physical remote, and that makes for hours of fascinating reading. Have you tried the iOS app?(assumes an iDevice of some sort, I accept). With that app, you can change inputs, turn the amp on and off and of course, adjust the volume. It also tracks the change in volume if you adjust the volume with the physical remote. The app display does show when the amp is on and ready to play. So, I would not rate that app as 'awful', but certainly limited in it's abilities according to the desires of some. Which is totally fair.

RE the light, there is, I thought, a small light under the power button, but if so, is it not very noticeable. My amp is on the dining room table at the moment as we're painting, so I can't check mine. But otherwise it is on a shelf, hidden from view behind a couch, so I can't see it anyway. And yes, I do have to get up and go look at it from time to time. Just part of my cardio routine.

Edit: I see the OP has the iOS app. I missed that in my reading of his post.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: 220 Pro CI - App / Settings Change on Remote ?? - by Damon - 24-Jan-2019, 20:40