Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluesound Node and Devialet
(11-Dec-2014, 14:40)Flashman Wrote:
(11-Dec-2014, 14:20)warpeon Wrote: Since devialet is committed to DSD and UPnP. Why not wait a few months?

I need a pretty simple way for my wife to play music through the Devialet. She what's known as a luddite. The Bluesound Node sounds pretty simple with "decent enough" sound for Spotify and Tidal. All she has to do is press one button to turn on the Devialet and then she can work the Bluesound app on our iPad. Not sure at this point if Spotify and Tidal are integrated into the Bluesound app or whether you need to open them separately. I think with a little patience she will manage.

As for me, I like pristine sound -- well, as pristine as my 63-year-old ears can hear! Currently, I use Air with a computer but it's a pain because the computer is in another room. Plus, Air is still a bit flawed with occasional dropouts, white noise (not so much now as in the past), etc. So my long term plan is to leash a music server via AES/EBU to the Devialet. This future source will be the Geek Source, which will read all the hi-res audio file formats, has a 4TB hard drive, separate power source, special clocks, etc. Not sure whether it will accommodate streaming, though, so maybe the Node is a long-term second source as described above.

So there's my plan!

I would like to share my experiences and thoughts so far with Sonos/Bluesound/M50/PC/Oppo 105/others. My 3 main concerns were 1 soundquality, 2 OS quality and support and 3 Wife friendly UI.

Almost all HIFI brands do resonable to great SQ but very few do all 3. Its seems that as long as they are in there comfort zone. Devialet has a great platform to work from, they can be as good as they want to be. The main problem/potential lies in customer base. The bigger the customer base the more money you have, which gives much more resources for evolving and maintaining your product.

I choose the NAD M50, i use Deltaco USB interface with Corsair 128 SSD connected with QED USB cable for serious listening. Its sounds great!!! The platform is ever evolving thx to the OS bieng Bluos and getting the same uppgrades as the Bluesound devices.

My wife does not have to learn the M50 app she simply clicks 2 times within the Spotify connect app and tranfers the stream responsibility to the M50/Bluesound while maintaning controll with her phone or any device which has the M50/Bluesound app. If its a playlist the M50 will continue the list until it ends whitout the original phone being in play at all.

I know M50 is DSD/DXD capable but dont see Nad getting a license. Imo i dont really care about DSD for alot of reasons.

I mostly play music from the SSD but also from my Qnap 219 P. This is important if you are looking for maximmum SQ playing the file from a server is not as good as playing from a local HD or even better a local SSD connected directly to the M50, this has been my experience and conclusion so far.

PS like that my M50 can switch the whole riggSmile

Messages In This Thread
Bluesound Node and Devialet - by Flashman - 10-Dec-2014, 10:46
RE: Bluesound Node and Devialet - by thumb5 - 10-Dec-2014, 11:28
RE: Bluesound Node and Devialet - by Flashman - 10-Dec-2014, 12:13
RE: Bluesound Node and Devialet - by Stian - 10-Dec-2014, 12:55
RE: Bluesound Node and Devialet - by Flashman - 10-Dec-2014, 13:00
RE: Bluesound Node and Devialet - by PhilP - 10-Dec-2014, 14:23
RE: Bluesound Node and Devialet - by Flashman - 10-Dec-2014, 14:26
RE: Bluesound Node and Devialet - by Confused - 10-Dec-2014, 14:36
RE: Bluesound Node and Devialet - by PhilP - 10-Dec-2014, 15:24
RE: Bluesound Node and Devialet - by adhesiv - 10-Dec-2014, 18:11