Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQ Mythical Creature series speaker cables
(09-Feb-2019, 00:39)zambie Wrote:
(08-Feb-2019, 23:54)zambie Wrote:
(08-Feb-2019, 03:43)Pim Wrote: I didn't think of this when I first posted but I think there might be a catch here. The Expert uses a digital volume control. Unlike analog volume control, which is basically a controllable resistor with the amplifier at full blast in front of it, I don't know where the digital volume control sits. Could it be part of the whole DSP system? In that case it's quite possible the amps just don't get any input or are not even turned on when there's no input from a source.

If anyone has more information on this, please let us know. We might have to open a different thread for this though.

Surely there must be an easy way to test this - "a silent track"? - and then crank the volume up as it plays? Must be something floating in the internet somewhere? Piqued my interest this - gonna search.
Ok folks - slightly unrelated topic - so happy to start a separate thread on this if necessary
downloaded a silent wav track - pressed play and cranked volume all the way upto 0db on the remote - couldn't hear anything from 10feet... couldn't here ANYTHING (not even the slightest speaker hum/ hiss) from less than a foot. Cranked the volume on the remote to +15db - same outcome!! Incase anyone wants to test, feel free to download from: 
http://duramecho.com/Misc/SilentCd/index.html

Hmmm.... MP3 silence.... not high end enough for me  Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AQ Mythical Creature series speaker cables - by Pim - 09-Feb-2019, 02:39