Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archimago’s blind test - Do digital audio players sound different?
https://archimago.blogspot.com/2019/01/i...o.html?m=1

Didn’t want to hijack @thumb5 Ian’s post - which is where I came across this test - so made a new one here.

Four sample track segments played on four unknown digital sources, which have then been captured, to see what people’s findings are when playing them back in their home hifi. Do they all sound the same or different? What are the differences? The full details in the link above.

I’ve now downloaded the files, and had a first listen. Actually the bit that took me the longest was regrouping everything into a single album in Roon so that it’s easy to compare at will (Roon initially thinks of them as alternative ‘versions’ of an album). I merged the ‘albums’ and renumbered the tracks sequentially 1-16 as per the screen shot.

I’m not going to say anything about my findings (and I’d suggest anyone else that tries does the same) just so as not to influence / skew results, but I will say I’ll probably only use a couple of tracks as they’re not all my cup of tea. At the end of the day all I wanted to see was whether I could hear a difference between the digital sources used.

Very interesting!

Particularly good for Devialet users especially given the often cited opinion that Devialets are the most transparent DAC/amps in the universe.

My free time is scarce but I’m going to try and listen some more over the coming weeks and submit my results before it closes. Can’t wait to see what the findings are.....

Closes April 30th.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Archimago’s blind test - Do digital audio players sound different? - by Hifi_swlon - 22-Feb-2019, 14:19