Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get ethernet IP address.
Hello Freddie77,

I also had problems when I had to create a new configuration due to new speakers with SAM. The „problem“ seems to be a combination of new DOS and a new version of the configurator.
Anyhow... , after having tried various configurations (WiFi only, LAN only, WiFi & LAN, with and without USB , all with DHCP and fixed IP) and communication with DEVIALET support, I ended in a config for LAN and fixed IP. WiFi was working also but had rare short drop outs.
The problem was that the IP address was not stable and in the system information display of my expert it was switching from „no-IP Address found“ to an assigned IP-Address.
DEVIALET support told me that when a LAN cable is attached, this will override any WiFi configuration, so when you have a config with WiFi only activated, you will have problems. In that case unplug the LAN cable and WiFi should get the IP-Address set and be working.
At my side another side effect was probably giving problems. My router kept the IP-Address fixed although it was not configured in the router. In my Expert config I had another fixed IP address configured which resulted in the same flickering of the IP-Address assignment.
So my recommendation is to use LAN cable with a config file where only Ethernet is activated and WiFi is deactivated.
Or if you want to use WiFi, unplug the ethernet cable and have a config file with WiFi activated and LAN deactivated.

Greetings,

Chris

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Can't get ethernet IP address. - by Freddie77 - 21-Mar-2019, 10:09
Can't get ethernet IP address. - by Krisp - 21-Mar-2019, 11:30
Can't get ethernet IP address. - by Krisp - 21-Mar-2019, 13:46
Can't get ethernet IP address. - by Krisp - 21-Mar-2019, 13:53
Can't get ethernet IP address. - by Krisp - 21-Mar-2019, 14:16