Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrade program - why would i need a dealer code?
Last week I went to my Devialet dealer and borrowed a D220 Pro for a few days. I was hoping the difference between my current D120 Expert and the D220 Pro would be marginal and would not justify the costs for upgrading but unfortunately the difference is not subtle at all with my Focal Electra 1028 speakers. The D220 sounds so much better than the 120 that I have decided to upgrade.

So I went back to my dealer and asked them about the procedure for upgrading. I know this can be done through the devialet website but i wanted to know if this also could be done via the dealer if that would be beneficial to anyone. Anyway, first the dealer told me that he was not aware of a upgrade program (which i find a bit odd..) and then he told me that upgrading via them would not have any benefits except that they would receive a small bonus from Devialet which is supposed to be so small that they are not that bothered. However, they gave me a dealer code which you can fill in on the devialet website when going through the upgrade process. That code gave a 'dealer code is invalid' message. Does anyone know why I should use a dealer code?
Devialet 220 pro expert; Focal 1028 Be; Rega RP6; Ortofon Quintet Black

Messages In This Thread
upgrade program - why would i need a dealer code? - by Out of Gum - 28-Mar-2019, 13:49