Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrade program - why would i need a dealer code?
(03-Jul-2019, 08:08)RebelMan Wrote:
(28-Mar-2019, 13:49)Out of Gum Wrote: Last week I went to my Devialet dealer and borrowed a D220 Pro for a few days. I was hoping the difference between my current D120 Expert and the D220 Pro would be marginal and would not justify the costs for upgrading but unfortunately the difference is not subtle at all with my Focal Electra 1028 speakers. The D220 sounds so much better than the 120 that I have decided to upgrade.
I "upgraded" from an Expert 120 to an Expert Pro as well but it had nothing to do with sound quality.  The sound quality of the 120 is superb and in some ways better than the Pro's.  While I can appreciate the enthusiasm I think some perspective is necessary here.  If anyone finds the sound quality of the Expert Pro's so much better than the Expert's it's not the amp that was lacking but rather the manner in which the comparisons were done.

When I did the upgrade from 120 to 220 Pro, I was more than satisfied with the result. Beside a clearer definition of instruments and voices, the 100 Watt extra was what my speakers made shine.
It might be different with other speakers and other acoustic situations in the individual living room.
But when I switched to a new set of speakers the gain in clarity was much greater. The speakers are and will from my point of view always be the weakest part of the audio chain.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
upgrade program - why would i need a dealer code? - by Krisp - 03-Jul-2019, 21:43