Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Devialet produce "alive" music?
LDear devialet owners, I have a D220 PRO CI paired with Vandersteen 5a, and overall, the sound is great, excellent soundstage, good instrument separation, lots of 3d, good transients, good bass, vocals are located nicely in the middle and so on, sound is smooth and pretty. However, I do not get a feeling that  the music is live or real, no presence of the artist. The voice of vocals is just not live. I have listened to a non devilalet system of my friend and got almost scared how real and live vocals presented through his system as if we were three in the room (together with the artist). 
Now i have tuned vandersteens, moved them around, played with power cords and supply and I just cannot get to the level, where I say, there is a singer in my room.
I have asked one of my friends who builds expensive speakers (exhibits them in Munchen) how can I make the music live... and his answer was, never as long as there is a devialet or any other amp that has digital processing. There was a long explanation, how digital processing is very good for bass, but really not great for middle and high frequencies. He used to build fully active speakers using digital processing in the speakers and said that was exactly the problem that the music was not live. So he moved away from digital processing and active speakers to making passive with active bass, like my Vandersteens.

So my question to you, owners of devialets and good speakers, do you wholeheartedly can say, that when you listen to your system you get the feeling of the artist's presence in the room, that the music feels "alive" like real. Hope you understand what I mean.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia

Messages In This Thread
Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Alve - 04-Apr-2019, 13:32