Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP - testing new FLAC connection
(17-Apr-2019, 18:51)Jim_Anderson Wrote: if you place http://audio-3.radioparadise.com:8000/flac on your browser it should run immediately (good way to vet url's).

In Roon I just did an add radio and typed the URL in on the field for the link.  I'm not at home at the moment and I don't remember if there were other items to check/add/insert/select.  It was pretty straight forward adding the link to Roon.

Jim 

I tried this this morning.  I copied the above link and pasted into Roon's internet radio "add a station" feature.  This was really easy and hassle free, I had music playing in less than a minute.

I have never listened to Radio Paradise before, but half an hour in I have heard an number of great tracks.  I am sure I will be dipping back in from time to time.

This reminds me a bit of the BBC's testing of lossless FLAC streaming for the proms.  An experimental initiative, but it worked fine and sounded great.  As does the RP stream, I am sure we will see a lot more of this in the future.  That said, the BBC experiment was in 2017, so progress seems very slow by modern standards.  As an example, if I switch over to my current internet radio favourite, BBC 6 Music, I am rewarded with a miserable 128 kbps stream.  So the BBC are not exactly pushing the boundaries two years on from the lossless FLAC initiative.  It's one of those things where I can't help but think that all the technology and infrastructure is now in place so we must be on the cusp of a lossless radio boom.  Not much sign of it yet though. 

In the meantime, thanks Jim, a nice tip.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: RP - testing new FLAC connection - by Greg - 17-Apr-2019, 18:34
RE: RP - testing new FLAC connection - by Confused - 19-Apr-2019, 09:21
RE: RP - testing new FLAC connection - by Greg - 18-Apr-2019, 14:47