Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Using Devialet's active cross-over
Awesome stuff!

There were a few interviews a year or so ago with a few speaker designers on the Soundstage! network. Lawrence Dickie (Vivid) was one of them. They all agreed that the best way forward was active x-overs. The hurdle for speaker designers is not how to make the best active speakers but more how to sell them to what seems to be more 'tinkerers' than music lovers. I just want my music to sound good but from what I read I'm in a minority and most people in this hobby just feel the need to muck with their setup on a regular basis.
There's a slow change happening (Dynaudio has just introduced the new active Focus range with 600Watt in their top floor stander! Just imagine a floor stander with Devialet ADH amplification) but I can understand that the industry as a whole isn't too keen on this. Imagine a world where all you need is a laptop and a set of speakers. Where's the profit in selling that?

On another note; I see you have a stone floor and a high (raked?) ceiling with little furniture. Does it have a negative impact on SQ? I'm very curious because that's what our new living room will be like and I'm a bit worried about echo echo echo...

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using Devialet's active cross-over - by Pim - 15-Dec-2014, 12:04