Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could CI-board be an alternative for GCA?
I follow DC for quite a while with great interest. This is my first serious post.

My present set up to stream Qobuz Studio (High-res subscription) is via Google Chrome Cast Audio and optical to my Dev 440 CI and IPad + Qubuz app as remote. Sound quality is pretty OK. However, after last FW update by Google, CCA doesn't always process high-resolution of 24bit/96khz anymore. Above was never possible. Further, GCA will no longer be supported. I have been looking at Raspberry PI + various HAT solutions and to all kind of high quality bridge streamers with "interesting" price tags. Looking at the simplicity of the hardware of both Raspberry+HAT-low jitter streamers and GCA, I wonder whether the Core Infinity hardware + some Linux programming has the potential of a high quality streamer-bridge? Does someone know? If so, any idea if Devialet has planned this?

Note: I have tried Qobus / Roon via "Roon-ready" implementation running Roon core on a powerful PC, but found upper mids too harsh / dominant. Also sound quality via MConnect player is worse (less dynamic and limited 3D) compared to the GCA.

Thanks for your replies!

Rob
Devialet 440 CI Pro; AudioQuest Castle Rock; Bowers & Wilkins 801D4; Auralic Aries G1 with Hoerwege power supply, CD Player Meridian 507; Qobuz Studio

Messages In This Thread
Could CI-board be an alternative for GCA? - by Rob - 24-Apr-2019, 21:12