Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet db flashing in red - what does it means?
The red flashing is the input clipping, not the output. I thought it was only an indicator that the ADC was getting too high an input signal.
On mine I have only ever had it on the phono input and it is fixed by reducing the gain in the configurator.
I would guess that the file you were listening to was a typical "loudness wars" pop track that was hammering up against 0dB with maybe some inter-sample signal going above.
IMHO the problem is the source file type, maybe even music genre using this sort of recording technique, not the Devialet. If your volume control is set at less than 0dB the output won't be clipping at full level digital input. If the Spotify file is over modulated a bit less than 0dB may be needed for the output not to clip, but at -15dB there is no risk of the Devialet output clipping, if I understand the system correctly.
You were probably listening to a poorly recorded bit of music I'm afraid.

Edit: I have never used Spotify so I don't know if they do any manipulation to the files they stream.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet db flashing in red - what does it means? - by f1eng - 28-Apr-2019, 15:12