Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 220 remote control issue
(08-May-2019, 17:20)Damon Wrote: The remote for my original D120 became quite 'gritty' at one time. I took it to the dealer who agreed it was bad, and replaced it on the spot. That would have been... 2015 or so. I don't think there was as much info about remotes or cleaning them. It is possible that a bit of debris got in and is giving you a bump in the twirl. Possibly try the clean approach first.

I'm not 100% on this but it is my memory that the 120 remote turned more easily than the remote (new or rebuilt or edited) that came back after the 220 upgrade. It is smooth still but stiffer in turning resistance.

Damon, the 220 remote is not silky smooth.  It's a bit rough as it turns.  As I mentioned in a related post, I'll open it up per the Devialet-sponsored video and see whether I can spot any issue.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 220 remote control issue - by ogs - 08-May-2019, 15:51
RE: Devialet 220 remote control issue - by Flashman - 08-May-2019, 21:43