Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic
(16-May-2019, 21:47)photometer Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I don't have access to any Physical stores selling the Reactors where I live. So I would have to order it blindly based on the recommendations here and the reviews I find online.

Since the Reactors lack a dedicated mid driver unlike the Phantom white, I assume that is why folks think mid is lacking.

What configuration do you have and what are your views on the sound quality (if you have both Reactors vs Gold/silver/white)

As you can see in my signature, my own system is expert based. One of my daughter has a reactor in her room and although being mono only, it is already very impressive, even compared to my system. 

But I have the fortune to have been able to listen to every pairs of phantoms as well as Reactors and play with them at my leisure, with tunes that I know very well. 

I can tell you that stereo is a non negotiable feature for me. As good and clever can be the mix of the left and right channels, you always loose something compared to stereo. 

As njaiswal is saying, the main differences between the phantoms is the level at which they can play, and the most impressive part being the bass compartment. 

Jean-Marie 
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by photometer - 16-May-2019, 19:25
RE: Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by Jean-Marie - 17-May-2019, 19:55
RE: Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by Pim - 16-May-2019, 22:09
RE: Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by RMK - 17-May-2019, 14:51
RE: Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by flanti - 20-May-2019, 19:41
Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by Jon - 17-Oct-2019, 05:04