Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic
(22-May-2019, 22:13)Mr_Bill Wrote: Jean-Marie
Stereo Pairs - outside of loudness and bass quantity are the Reactors close to the Golds sound quality wise?  They sure are nice and smaller.

Unless you have a huge room or are used to throw disco parties at 90 db every night, I would go for the Reactor 600, since I own both the Phantom golds and the Reactor 600 and tested side by side at moderate volume with spotify connect high quality, it's hard to tell which one is playing: same velvety and warm sound like that of a tube system with high efficiency speakers...In my opinion the mids are more upfront and present in the reactors than in the Phantoms Gold, where the singer seems to be more in the background. Plus for ease of set up and ease of use, the reactors beat the phantoms hands down. Only drawback: you don't have access to internet radios directly from the app (but you can use a dedicated app like ABC lounge radio and listen to it with airplay from you smartphone).
Someone posted a frequency response here: it showed no lack of mids at all, but a roughly flat line from 20 hz to 15khz. For some reason, the graph is not visible any more in the thread but I attach it down here. .

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Any-in-d...ere?page=2
[img]file:///Users/philippepoirine/Pictures/Reactor%20re%CC%81ponse%20en%20fre%CC%81quence/Reactor-85dB.jpg[/img]
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac

Messages In This Thread
Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by photometer - 16-May-2019, 19:25
RE: Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by Pim - 16-May-2019, 22:09
RE: Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by RMK - 17-May-2019, 14:51
RE: Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by flanti - 20-May-2019, 19:41
RE: Stereo Reactor vs Mono Classic - by eniriop - 23-May-2019, 04:30