Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for RCA-to-XLR cable
Hello all,

I am preparing to experiment with using three D220 to drive my 3-way speakers in "active crossover" mode.

In order to do that, I will need an RCA-to-XLR cable to link the first master D220 with the first slave D220 (and then an RCA-to-RCA cable to link the first D220 slave to the second D220 slave.

I would like some suggestions about a suitable RCA-to-XLR cable. I only need a very short run: half a meter would be fine but perhaps it will be difficult to find runs of less than 1 meter. 

Alternatively I might be able to solder such a cable if I can find the correct pin-out.

Many thanks!

Pierre

p.s. I am pretty sure that the question of RCA-to-XLR cables has been raised on this forum before. However, owing to the rather poor search technique used on the present site I was unable to find relevant posts. The problem is that all words shorter than 4 letters (thus both RCA and XLR) are discarded by the search engine. This is definitely wrong. Good search engines normally use a finite list of useless short words such as "the" and "a" (this is called a list of "stop words") rather than banning all short words.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions for RCA-to-XLR cable - by pisabell - 29-Jun-2019, 20:07
RE: Suggestions for RCA-to-XLR cable - by Axel - 30-Jun-2019, 02:04