Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Devialet devices support Roon ?
Hi, 

I am new to Devialet in a sense that I am still considering buying one. I am familiar with basics and know the different models and have heard Devialet D1000 Expert Pro near my local hifi dealer with big B&W speakers and AudioQuest power conditioning. Absolutely stunning. 

I currently have Hegel H160 and speakers are PMC Twenty5.26 both of which I love. But there is another hifi dealer that has used Devialet two models that I could perhaps get a home demo, Devialet D220 Expert Pro with Core Infinity and older Devialet D440 Expert Pro. 

PMC loves to be driven hard and I quess both of these models have SAM which I would like to have but is Core Infinity necessary for Roon if I have a separate Roon Core installed on NAS on the same network ? 

I read that firmware version 13.x is Roon Ready, but what does that actually mean for those devices ? Does it mean that Devialet can act as a Roon Ready rendeder without the Core Infinity ? I could just then leave the streaming to the very capable NAS configuration I already have and perhaps get the 440 Pro with more control for the PMCConfused. Also Hegel amps seem drive a lot of speakers with nice punchy dynamics, I wonder how D220 Expert Pro and D440 Expert Pro will compare on that regard. 

I rememer that on demo room the Devialet D1000 Expert Pro had very detailed but easy to listen natural sound but the much cheaper Hegel H360 they had there used had more dynamics even though it could match the Devialet on detail and soundstage and overall refinement. 

Any comments on helping me to choose a good model ?

Messages In This Thread
Which Devialet devices support Roon ? - by ilpohokkanen - 02-Jul-2019, 15:38