Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Devialet devices support Roon ?
I would agree with all that's been said so far. I started with a D200, replaced it with a Pro 220 when the Expert Pros were released and then added a 2nd 220 to make it a 440 Pro. I then had Devialet upgrade them both to add the CI free of charge when they started that problem (which I believe they do still support as mentioned above). You'll definitely want to do that to stay current with Devialet and to be able to use the latest firmware and therefore Roon RAAT.

If you're still spinning vinyl, you'll also want to give the Devialet's phono section a try. I was quite impressed with just how good it sounded and how much control it provides in the config. But note, everything that goes thru your Devialet is converted to digital... it's all in how they designed the amps - and that includes the phono section. But it sounds so good that I just sold my phono pre with no regrets. Of course, Roon has spoiled me so I find myself spinning vinyl less and less lately.

FWIW, while the 220 Pro is pretty awesome in it's own right, but stepping up to dual mono with the 440 Pro definitely takes the sound quality to the next level. Tonally the same, but a far more effortless, highly muslcal presentation.

Good luck and let us know what you think - particularly compared to your Hegel.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Devialet devices support Roon ? - by mdconnelly - 02-Jul-2019, 22:42