Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 800 or 1000 vs. separates
Quote:[quote pid='85659' dateline='1563520497']
[quote pid='85650' dateline='1563510484']
Ian
Hi Ian,i have switched from an Audio Note M5 and Nat se2 monoblocks in combination with Mbl 116 F speakers to devialet 400.I did this because i wanted to get rid of a lot of boxes and cables, and it seemed like a good solution for me because i could alto connect my Transrotor deck to the dev.I can honestly tell you that it became  quite a disappointment to me soundwise.If you are used to good tube equipment the difference in sound is quite big.The looks are great and it is easy to use, but after a year i found out that I have lost the fun in my audio hobby, and i dont listen to my set very much anymore.
 regards Ralph

[/quote]

Thanks very much Ralph.  My Maker amp is solid state but it's a $25k retail amp.  The NAT is tubes and it's a $15k preamp.  They sound really good together; that's not always the case no matter how much you spend.  This idea all came about because I want to get monoblocs and that creates a whole chain of upgrades and moves I need to make; position monoblocs right next to speakers, then I'd need long XLRs and two long power cords (big time $$$), etc., etc.  I'd still like to demo an 800 or 1000 with my speakers to hear what it sounds like.  The Devialet stuff certainly is more home friendly than separates.

Those NATse2 are REALLY nice amps.  Those are amps I looked at but my speakers require too much power.  I was thinking the Maker monoblocks which are 600W per side.  I do think I'll buy a Devialet to drive a smaller system I have in my home office.

Ian

[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Devialet 800 or 1000 vs. separates - by no32 - 19-Jul-2019, 05:53
RE: Devialet 800 or 1000 vs. separates - by Ihmeyers - 19-Jul-2019, 13:45