Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very important Sam?
I bought my 140 a bit over 3 years ago. My speakers at the time were Dynaudio Contour 1.3 SEs. I used SAM with them and liked the results. Since then I've upgraded my speakers to Focal Sopra 2s but I didn't like the result I get with them and SAM so I no longer use SAM.

SAM changes the balance between the bass and the midrange, simply because it corrects phase below 150 Hz and provides additional bass extension. There's no guarantee that you will like the change. My advice is simple, if you're going to buy a Devialet then buy it on the basis of how it works with your speakers with SAM turned off. If you like the result you get using SAM then you've got an extra but if you don't like the result with SAM then you know that you're going to like the result without SAM. If you like the result then SAM makes a nice amp slightly nicer but I wouldn't buy a Devialet because of SAM, I'd buy it on the basis how it works without SAM because there's no guarantee you're going to keep using the same speakers with the amp and you could end up buying speakers that don't have a SAM profile or you may find yourself not liking the way they sound with your new speakers.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Very important Sam? - by Marietto - 23-Jul-2019, 16:23
RE: Very important Sam? - by ogs - 24-Jul-2019, 10:45
RE: Very important Sam? - by Marietto - 25-Jul-2019, 07:09
RE: Very important Sam? - by ogs - 25-Jul-2019, 08:24
RE: Very important Sam? - by David A - 25-Jul-2019, 10:46
RE: Very important Sam? - by thumb5 - 25-Jul-2019, 12:59
RE: Very important Sam? - by ogs - 25-Jul-2019, 17:39
RE: Very important Sam? - by petrik - 25-Jul-2019, 12:34