Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Gb AIR/RoonReady - when I got it working!
(04-Aug-2019, 20:41)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(04-Aug-2019, 18:30)Manfred Wrote:
(04-Aug-2019, 17:44)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: I'm not sure that I understand correctly your setup, but I suppose it is working because of the route: Internet->Router->PC->WLAN-Repeater->D220 Pro.
PC->WLAN-Repeater seems to communicate via PLC (limited to 140 Mbps) or via WLAN (limited to 526 Mbps). So, WLAN-Repeater will never send to Devilaet 1 Gbps (witch MS->Switch->Devialet is doing).
via WLAN. Yes it will never send 1Gbps, but that is not the problem with the 1Gb connection to the Devialet, even DSD64 needs <10Gbps.

Please check this post https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...8#pid85978 (#278), and also the next one (#279).
WLAN speed limitation may act similar to USB 2 speed limitation from my post. Even your “technical” connection speed is 1000 Mbps, the “actual” connection speed (data traffic) is limited to less than 1000 Mbps by WLAN. As per thumb5 post #279, "Furthermore that limit on the bandwidth seems to avoid hitting the error condition".
Still, I cannot be sure this is happening in your situation also...
What I described was for testing purpose only. I wanted to know if there are situations where the 1 Gb interface works. It did. I have read most of all the entrances in the forum. I think its not a bandwidth issue, its more a Network Layer2/Layer3 problem. In the scenario above with the repeater connected directly to the Devialet everything is Layer 3. Why did I the test, I want to simplify my environment (2 year's ago I had only 2.4Ghz Wifi) , but you really don't know the impact on AIR .-)
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1 Gb AIR/RoonReady - when I got it working! - by Manfred - 05-Aug-2019, 15:08