Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound quality with trigger cable
Hi folks,

New to the forum and recently went from a 250 Pro to 1000 Pro CI. Thought I'd like to share a finding and see if anyone has tried the same.

I'm currently using the stock Audioquest Carbon digital RCA-RCA cable between the master and slave units. This are no other cables connecting the 2 amps together. The only other cable connecting to the amp is the AES XLR input.

I'm a little worried about the potential ground loop created between the 2 amps because of the RCA-RCA master slave cable. Both amps are connected to the same power strip to keep their grounds as close as possible. 

This combination sounded fine.

Then, I decided to try connecting the included 3.5mm trigger cable between master and slave amps. I first created new configurations with at least one input on the slave activated, and this make the configurator indicate that I should connect the trigger cable between the 2 amps.

After connecting the trigger cable, the sound changes a little. The soundstage is a little different, more even perhaps - I'm not sure which I prefer. My theory is that the trigger cable becomes another path for the ground loop noise to travel instead of the RCA interconnect.

Anyone tried testing the sound with & without the trigger cable, and noticed any changes?

EDIT: Merely connecting the trigger cable changes the sound. It may not be better.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
Sound quality with trigger cable - by hardcore - 16-Aug-2019, 16:18