Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I newer Stream
You can find people who say anything. Some say separate phono stages are better, some that they aren't, some say that analog amps sound warm and digital amps don't. Lot's of different people say different things.

Only one opinion counts: your opinion. It's your system, you're going to spend a lot more time listening to it than anyone else and the reason you bought it was so that you could get a bit more enjoyment listening to the music you like. The question is whether or not you're enjoying it. If you're enjoying it then it doesn't matter if some people, even a lot of people, don't like the result you're getting, you can't please everyone and the point of having your own system is to please yourself. If you're not enjoying your own system then you're doing something wrong and you should try to correct whatever that is but it may not be the amp and there's a huge range of other candidates for what the problem is including source, speakers, setup, and the room itself.

Don't worry about what other people say, worry about whether you personally like the result you're getting. You'll spend a lot less on gear and a lot more time enjoying music if you make your decisions based on whether or not you like the result rather than on what other people say you should do to get the best sound.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
I newer Stream - by Finn - 25-Aug-2019, 19:46
RE: I newer Stream - by David A - 25-Aug-2019, 23:55
RE: I newer Stream - by brit - 26-Aug-2019, 07:59
RE: I newer Stream - by Pim - 26-Aug-2019, 11:07
RE: I newer Stream - by mdconnelly - 26-Aug-2019, 14:54
RE: I newer Stream - by Finn - 27-Aug-2019, 19:28