Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet with monitors getting into the 20+ hertz?
I have tried my LS50s with my 800 just to see how SAM works. It was very impressive. I did not push the volume since my downstairs room is a bit big. The LS50 goes surprisingly loud considering its size though.
I am completely sure the 28Hz figure will be accurate but the maximum sound output at that frequency will be limited by the +5/-5mm travel and 5" driver.

There are plenty of sceptics about SAM on the internet but they seem to be older people with lots of experience of speakers but not mathematically minded. It is unsurprising that these people find it difficult to understand the difference between what they experienced for years with conventional systems and what is possible nowadays with clever engineering.
The laws of physics are being exploited rather than broken!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet with monitors getting into the 20+ hertz? - by f1eng - 10-Jan-2015, 11:08