Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI
(24-Oct-2019, 11:35)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: I heard a demo unit in my local dealer , next to mine.

I do not think The sound improvement corresponds well to the required amount you have to spend

And secondly , the buggy software which still falls short on promises.

Right now, I have an amplifier which delivers 100% over what promised, the new amplifier does not do that, yet.

I am not saying that the new units sound bad or not improved over the previous generation, only that I am not convinced yet by them

Well, I have a 250Pro CI which was upgraded from a 250 Pro by Devialet. Am not sure what buggy software you are referring to but I use my system daily either via Roon or in conjunction with my AV system. Only troubles are if I do not reboot my MacBook for ages which can cause Roon to skip tracks. That’s a problem between Roon and Apple, nothing to do with Devialet. As you can imagine, my 20’ by 12’ listening room is easily filled by the 250 without any stress at all. I play at about -20 DB unless I am in the mood or the wife is out. I cannot give comparators between other Pro models as I only have this one. Sometimes I think about going to a 1000 then someone or something has a preferential call on my bank balance, that and I have no idea how to get acceptance from my wife. 

Anyway, whereas I accept the power differences across the Pro range am not sure if the circuitry can genuinely be so different, particularly considering the price variances, but am happy to be contradicted. 
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI - by Gerronwithit - 24-Oct-2019, 17:40