Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI
Hi AnKran - tough decision and one I went through.

I went from 220 -> 440 -> 250 with the intent of getting to the 1000. The move to 440 from 220 brought out more bottom end and a little more clarity at low volumes. The move from 440 -> 250 was just slightly underwhelming - less bottom punch - but very little if any other difference.. Other than that, all three systems are so similar in all other aspects. When your biggest problem is what length of interface cable to run between two mono Devialet's, then life is pretty good.

I stream and vinyl and I find little or no difference between the 440 or 250 for the sound quality, sound signature of Devialet. I am sure better qualified ears can speak to this better than I. I still have one of my 220 left over from my 440 config and I add it into a dual mono setup once in a while to have some fun (setting the max volume of the 250 down). So I guess I'm saying I like the dual mono setup and look forward to moving to the 1000 sometime in the future. The 440 config would have been sufficient for my needs, but like you I had to try and I'm not going back.
Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI - by Jim_Anderson - 25-Oct-2019, 08:35