Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Gold vs 2 Classic (2000W) after DOS2
(31-Oct-2019, 19:06)Jm93 Wrote: Would be nice if someone can confirm if DOS2 on the classic does indeed sound more powerful than previously. I do enjoy the power of the Gold but I have a feeling it won't be more powerful now than the Classic. At 70-75 % volume It seems that the Gold can't push more power on the low end, only on mids and highs. It gets louder but I want that sweet rumbling it's capable of. Two whites certainly will be good but how much more powerful would two Golds be. The Gold also seem to not come truly alive until around 50-60% volume, is this the case with the white as well?

I'm sorry for asking questions that are similar.
The Classic and the Silver implements the same DSP trickery as the Gold regarding low end, so about 65-70 it's only the mid and highs that gets louder. It's pure physics, the bass drives can't deliver more volume. 
A single Gold is about 6 dB louder than a single Classic. That's twice as loud in perceived volume. In my living room a pair of Golds come alive at about 25. It's not the largest room, about 30 m2 and 245 cm from floor to the ceiling. I previously had a pair of Silvers and they needed a bit more volume to come alive. A single speaker is not comparable to a pair, I would go for a pair of Classics over a single Gold every time.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1 Gold vs 2 Classic (2000W) after DOS2 - by ragwo - 01-Nov-2019, 00:04