Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how devialet gold vs B&O a9
(20-Nov-2019, 11:59)WTree Wrote: As mentioned by previous posters, if you can get a Stereo pair then it will give a better performance than mono. I have Phantom Silver pair earlier and in much earlier life a B&O Beolab 9 pair. Right now the only active speaker pair I have is Kef LSX. 

Value for Money / Price to Performance Ratio, I would put KEF LSX at a much higher level than Phantoms. If you are a critical listener, then your mileage may vary. It might be something you want to consider even from placement perspective. I love the Silvers performance but it was not the most convenient when it comes to positioning with the side firing woofers. That is my biggest gripe but of course I live in a small apartment so it is only applicable to likes of me. If there is sufficient space around, I am sure they will beat KEF LSX in critical listening test

I heard A9 in a shop and it has good sound but it was not home environment and still a single speaker. If you have to chose a single speaker and between a single Gold / single A9, then I would pick A9. You can enjoy two different sound signatures and probably switch them between the rooms once in a while. I think A9 is cheaper as well.

Phantoms gold with Dante in surround is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
how devialet gold vs B&O a9 - by pan - 19-Nov-2019, 10:07
RE: how devialet gold vs B&O a9 - by ogs - 19-Nov-2019, 10:59
RE: how devialet gold vs B&O a9 - by pan - 19-Nov-2019, 18:43
RE: how devialet gold vs B&O a9 - by WTree - 20-Nov-2019, 11:59
RE: how devialet gold vs B&O a9 - by fLexOdder - 20-Jul-2021, 15:17
how devialet gold vs B&O a9 - by NAS1819 - 26-Aug-2021, 02:50