Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q: SAM - impact on small speakers bass (i.e. KEF LS50)
(17-Feb-2015, 10:24)ledesc Wrote:
(05-Feb-2015, 17:37)Mikeeo Wrote: [...]

My Raidho X1 responds to SAM all over the register, SAM actually takes this speaker far beyond the already superb performance, hard to believe...

/Mike

Hi Mike,

If I remember well you've had the Focus 160 before the X1, what the X1 brings, do you experience the same feeling in term of bass with the X1 (170mm vs 100mm driver and 44Hz vs 80Hz) ?

Thanks for your feedbacks
Hi,

I had the Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 before. Without SAM PL100 have more bass than X1 without SAM, But with SAM on X1 it kicks SAM/noSAM PL100. X1 delivers deeper bass than PL100 with SAM. X1 have strong presence down to 30 Hz and give ok 25 Hz but then dives into nothing.
The 80 Hz specced by Raidho I think is a - 1 or -2 dB point as without SAM there is def bass to around 50 Hz..
The bass with X1 is dry and tight, very resolved and occasionally when recording has it recorded bass can really hit physically.

Go and have a test, with SAM X1 is a small monitor wonder. Of course I didn't mention the rest 90% of the fantastic reproduction these speakers manage to deliver. A very fantastic loudspeaker is turned into amazing with SAM.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Q: SAM - impact on small speakers bass (i.e. KEF LS50) - by Mikeeo - 18-Feb-2015, 18:56