Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iEAR audio show in the Netherlands
(20-Nov-2019, 23:04)Stino Wrote: Hey guys,

Past weekend I visited an audio show in the Netherlands (https://audioshowiear.nl/) and I'd like to share some experiences with you.

Very high end systems

But it was the Naim + Focal combination that blew my mind. For me by far the best system on the show. Naim was there with its top streamer, pre-amp, interconnects and with a 300DR power amp. Of course all with separate power supplies. Speakers were the Utopia Scale EVO. Seriously...

OH MY GOD... these speakers are truly amazing. I know the Naim amplification quite well, having owned it myself and always liked it; yet, I've never heared it this good with these speakers. Demo tracks were very well chosen. The sound was fun to listen to, yet very refined. There simply is something with large drivers in a speaker, as Steve Guttenberg recently argued as well in one of his videos. They were so impactful, such a great slam and body in the music. These speakers are for now a bit too expensive for me, €16k each and then an additional €1.6k for the Iso Accoustics feet, but its very likely I'm going to buy them someday. The need is real Smile

Nice write down @Stino. I also went to this show, and I agree with you on the sound of the Focal Utopia and Naim combination. I was very impressed too. On the second floor though there was a small room in which one demonstrated the effect of the Isoacoustic Gaia decoupling feet. That demo was jaw dropping. They also used Focal speakers. One of their midrange models. Without the Isoacoustic feet they sounded mediocre, but the exact same ones with these feet transformed the sound transmitted into something completely different. Spectacular! They were so good, I bought two sets for my speakers, and I am glad I did. The effect on staging, detailed and layered highs, mids and lows from my Audio Physic Virgo speakers is staggering now I have these feet installed. I don't want to imply the Focal Utopia scale EVO are no good. They are! But you would probably be surprised what you could get more out of your own speakers when decoupling your speakers. Just try and you could be impressed too. I am pretty sure you could get these feet from your dealer just to try out.

Coincidence or not: Today hifi.nl (a Dutch hifi site) published a review of these feet (in Dutch) with similar conclusions as I did.
https://www.hifi.nl/artikel/28466/Review...tweak.html
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
iEAR audio show in the Netherlands - by Stino - 20-Nov-2019, 23:04
RE: iEAR audio show in the Netherlands - by kerkhoffd - 21-Nov-2019, 11:38