Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iEAR audio show in the Netherlands
(21-Nov-2019, 11:38)kerkhoffd Wrote: Nice write down @Stino. I also went to this show, and I agree with you on the sound of the Focal Utopia and Naim combination. I was very impressed too. On the second floor though there was a small room in which one demonstrated the effect of the Isoacoustic Gaia decoupling feet. That demo was jaw dropping. They also used Focal speakers. One of their midrange models. Without the Isoacoustic feet they sounded mediocre, but the exact same ones with these feet transformed the sound transmitted into something completely different. Spectacular! They were so good, I bought two sets for my speakers, and I am glad I did. The effect on staging, detailed and layered highs, mids and lows from my Audio Physic Virgo speakers is staggering now I have these feet installed. I don't want to imply the Focal Utopia scale EVO are no good. They are! But you would probably be surprised what you could get more out of your own speakers when decoupling your speakers. Just try and you could be impressed too. I am pretty sure you could get these feet from your dealer just to try out.

Coincidence or not: Today hifi.nl (a Dutch hifi site) published a review of these feet (in Dutch) with similar conclusions as I did.
https://www.hifi.nl/artikel/28466/Review...tweak.html

I missed that one, unfortunately. A/B demos of the manufacturers we can only applaud to! 

I use the Orea under my devialets, 3x bronze under each Dev. Nothing under the speaker, unfortunately, even though I know it will make a real difference when you have hard floors (which I do, it's wood). Maybe my next purchases, once I've settled down on my final speakers, if ever... Smile

Messages In This Thread
iEAR audio show in the Netherlands - by Stino - 20-Nov-2019, 23:04
RE: iEAR audio show in the Netherlands - by Stino - 21-Nov-2019, 20:37