Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(04-Dec-2019, 12:01)streamy Wrote:
(03-Dec-2019, 04:55)ditdot Wrote: Just bought a set of Golds, tree stands, dialogue, & volume control for $5k (Used obviously). Don’t have them yet, but can’t wait!

Any advice on setup in an open floor plan Kitchen/living room?

Also, any other advice, tips, or tricks?

First congratulations on your purchase! It is really a great system.
In my opinion you should start with what you have. I assume that you receive the system in condition of installed DOS1. So before you start moving to DOS2 you should check if all is properly working. Probably DOS1 when it works for you as it does for me will be sufficient. So far, DOS2 only provides a subset of functionality that DOS1 has. So, for those that don‘t have problems DOS1 is still the simplest option not risking to get into troubles during the update.
I suppose you have a home WiFi network and also a WiFi or Ethernet plugged PC or Mac in your household.
If this is the case I propose you to do the following steps:
1. download Spark from the Devialet website and install it on you PC/Mac that you might run most often, and maybe can even run 24h/24h.
2. Open Spark
3. Plug an Ethernet cable from your router to the dialog and plug in the dialog and the Phantoms to power sockets and wait for 1minute for them to boot. Either you hear some spacing sound from your Phantoms (this indicates they are waiting to be set up) or you hear nothing and can assume that the previous owner has not reset his setup and it now runs on your network. In this case you can see in the Spark Software under Settings that the dialog and the Phantoms have been detected. All would run as the previous owner has configured the system. I continue here with the case that you hear the spicy sound or you would like to reconfigure from scratch.
4. You press on the back of the dialog 3 times short the lighted button and then also press 3 times short the reset buttons of each of your Phantoms. This resets both the Phantoms and Dialogs and in Spark you will see the setup initial screen. You now wait for a few minutes until you hear the space sound from both Phantoms and in Spark you should see how the two Phantoms are detected.
5. You follow the instructions step by step in Spark until the setup is finished. On the Devialet website you can find all the instructions. People here can help you when you experience problems with the network, defects of the system (hopefully not, as in general they are very robust), etc.
This is only one of the ways and topologies, but I believe a frequent one. The Phantoms and Dialog will Setup and use the built-in PLC and you will be able to play local files from you computer or an external drive, configure streaming services you have subscribed and become a happy user. You then also can download a mobile Spark app for Android, iPhone, iPad and control the Phantoms using this app as remotes. Since you have a Devialet Remote you can then control the volume with that remote.

I hope this introduction might be useful for you. It is not 100% detailed and only proposes one way to set it up, without using Ethernet cables. It can be that I forgot things here as I wrote this without going through the setup or having Spark in front of me.
@streamy, thank you!!!  Very detailed and really appreciate you taking the time. I do believe they are already updated to DOS2. At least if I read correctly.

Messages In This Thread
Newbie - by ditdot - 03-Dec-2019, 04:55
RE: Newbie - by ogs - 03-Dec-2019, 17:21
RE: Newbie - by ditdot - 04-Dec-2019, 02:32
RE: Newbie - by ogs - 04-Dec-2019, 09:39
RE: Newbie - by ditdot - 05-Dec-2019, 04:07
RE: Newbie - by struts - 04-Dec-2019, 10:59
RE: Newbie - by ditdot - 05-Dec-2019, 04:16
RE: Newbie - by streamy - 04-Dec-2019, 12:01
RE: Newbie - by ditdot - 05-Dec-2019, 04:18
RE: Newbie - by ogs - 04-Dec-2019, 14:19