Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using Dialog and DOS2
(09-Dec-2019, 01:46)seb Wrote: Hi Scott, unfortunately there is no way to control the input settings from a UPnP controller. This can only be done from the Devialet app. In practice though this is not an issue (at least for me). It is a minor inconvenience. I almost exclusively stream with UPnP/OpenHome and therefore would not need to switch inputs. And if I do have to, I use the Devialet app. It also is nice to see that the volume level with UPnP/OpenHome is in sync with the Devialet app.

Hi Seb, thanks for the info!. 

Under DOS2: Once setup and configured for the dialog / optical input do the settings stick? 
i.e. if you power cycle does the input come back up where it was left?
how often do you really need to use the Devialet app to do something, just so you can use the Phantoms?

Maybe this would be not so different from how its currently being used with SPARK (on windows), effectively trading the Windows app for a Phone app for input configuration.
I dont really use it on a regular basis, just need to use spark to et the input to the dialog and hit play occasionally.

UGG..> maybe one of the old phones lying around could be given a new life as a dedicated remote.

aside: Cant believe i am sorry to see spark go. Smile Its the devil you know vs the one you don't. 

thanks
scott-

Messages In This Thread
using Dialog and DOS2 - by scotthar - 06-Dec-2019, 02:43
RE: using Dialog and DOS2 - by seb - 06-Dec-2019, 14:51
RE: using Dialog and DOS2 - by scotthar - 08-Dec-2019, 22:55
RE: using Dialog and DOS2 - by seb - 09-Dec-2019, 01:46
RE: using Dialog and DOS2 - by scotthar - 15-Dec-2019, 00:20