Poll: What do you mean by "Sound Quality"
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Objective: in the air, universal, repeatable
28.57%
8 28.57%
Subjective accuracy: in my head, personal, based on a reference
14.29%
4 14.29%
Subjective aesthetic: in my head, personal, based on enjoyment
57.14%
16 57.14%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you mean by "Sound Quality"?
I voted for subjective accuracy, basically does what I'm listening to sound the way real instruments and voices sound to me? The closer what I'm hearing gets to that, the better the sound quality is for me. If a recording of well played good music can sound bad and a recording of bad music can sound like a high quality recording, then sound quality has to be independent of enjoyment. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy good sound quality. Enjoyment is about positive appreciation and I appreciate things that are done well such as a well written piece of music, good playing and singing, and also the sound of a recording that captures the character of the instruments and voices making the music, even when at times I don't enjoy the music itself.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you mean by "Sound Quality"? - by David A - 08-Dec-2019, 14:39